Monday, May 14, 2007

C is for CMS

Content management systems. So many to choose from and everyone seems to have their favorite. (Or the one that they adopted and then fell in love with, making it difficult to find any real comparisons.) Many libraries seem to be using Drupal, but Plone and Joomla are often mentioned as well.

I've decided to start playing with Joomla (and if I say it enough, I may actually remember the name instead of calling it Oompa and getting that song in my head...) Not a completely random choice, as I tried Drupal first, encountered a blip installing it, and, while I was waiting for a reply from my web hosting service, came across this blog post comparing Drupal and Joomla. Joomla seems to have a more user-friendly administration interface.

I have a week between classes: plenty of time to devote to a little project that could end up saving us a lot of time during the busy season. Progress reports to follow.

1 comment:

DerikB said...

Oompa loompa loompy dee doop...